- Red peppers
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Turn the boiler on high. Remove the top of each pepper, and cut them in half lengthwise. Core and seed each pepper, and lay them skin-up on a broiler pan. Place them about 3 inches from the broiler, and cook until the skin blackens. Move the peppers around until the skin in blackened all over. To finish the cooking process, put the peppers in a sealable bag to steam them for about 15 minutes. Peel off the blackened skin, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and enjoy!
- Roasted peppers are an excellent addition to most meals
- Be sure to take off that skin. The peppers won’t taste quite as good otherwise.
- Roasted peppers are very easy to incorporate in other recipes!
- For a little extra flavor, try adding a bit of lemon juice.